First Annual Meeting – February 2, 2013
The First Annual Meeting took place on Saturday February 2nd at the MDI Biological Laboratory. The Partners updated each other on the progress of their conservation and planning projects and spoke about the path toward change thus far. In 2011, the group began working to create an adaptive management plan for the bay, and has identified mudflats, eelgrass, subtidal benthic habitats, and migratory fish (such as alewives and American eels) their areas of particular concern. The 26 partners in attendance unanimously voted in their first Executive Committee.
- Jane Disney, of MDIBL: President
- Chris Petersen, of College of the Atlantic: Vice President
- Bridie McGreavy, Ph.D. candidate at the Margaret Chase Smith Policy Center at the University of Maine: Secretary
- Bob DeForrest, of Maine Coast Heritage Trust: Executive Officer at Large
- Fiona de Koning, of Acadia Aqua Farms: Executive Officer at Large
After Executive Committee elections, the partners shared a potluck meal and spoke about next steps. Jane Disney, newly elected president of the Frenchman Bay Partners, led the discussion about creating subcommittee working groups for each of the ecological targets in the adaptive management plan, as well as a separate communications subcommittee.