Who Owns Rockweed?
Rockweed Working Group
April 2, 2016 Meeting Documents
Agenda and Minutes
Presentations: A few of the PowerPoint presentations
- Frenchman Bay Partners, Introduction Presentation
- Jeff Romano, Legal and Regulatory Issues
- Jessie Muhlin, Rockweed Biology
Questions written on index cards for the panel session at the event were transcribed and are available here.
Post-Meeting suggestions and comments
Relevant Resources from Interested Parties
The resources below are from a variety of parties with varying perspectives on rockweed. Inclusion on this page is in no way an endorsement by the Frenchman Bay Partners nor an expression of the views and opinions of the Frenchman Bay Partners.
Maine Seaweed Council
Larch Hanson (The Seaweed Man)
- An overview and brief history of rockweed harvesting in Maine
- Harvesting marine resources, or what’s a “Fishery”
Articles and Blog Posts
- Ellsworth American, February 9, 2015: Concern expressed over aggressive rockweed harvesting
- Ellsworth American, October 1, 2015: Battle over rockweed harvesting rages on in Gouldsboro
- Ellsworth American, January 19, 2016: Washington county landowners file suit to block rockweed harvest on their shore
- Boothbay Register, March 15, 2016: Back to the future – with seaweed
- Ellsworth American, April 7, 2016: Group consensus: No simple answers on rockweed harvesting
- COA Fisheries, Fishermen, and Fishing Communities course blog post, April 10, 2016: Between a Rock and a Weed Place