- This event has passed.
January 29th Brownfields Workshop
January 29, 2015 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Striking a Balance
The many planning and development challenges and opportunities facing Hancock County spurred creation of this series in 2004. It has addressed a variety of topics. Its goals include:
- Increasing awareness of state laws that affect municipal development decisions.
- Identification of key development issues facing Hancock County.
- Finding reuse opportunities for under-utilized parcels.
- Implementation of planning & development practices that promote sustainable economic development while protecting our quality of life.
- Fostering constructive dialogue among municipal officials, conservation groups and the development & construction sector.
5:00 PM: Registration and Light Meal
6:00 PM: Welcome and Introduction
6:05 PM – 6:40 PM: What are Brownfields and What Can Be Done? Benjamin W. Guidi, Maine DEP VRAP and Brownfields Project Manager.
6:40-PM – 7:10 PM: Brownfields: The Federal Perspective: Alan Peterson, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Brownfields Project Officer
7:10 PM – 7:45 PM: Success Stories in Hancock County: What Can We Learn?Rich Campbell, President, Campbell Environmental
7:45 PM – 8:15 PM: Getting Started: What Can Be Done in Your Community? A Panel Discussion
8:15 – 8:30 PM: Completion of Evaluation Forms and Adjournment