- This event has passed.
Human and Environmental Sustainability Summit: Finding Common Ground
August 9, 2013 @ 12:30 pm - 9:00 pm
12:30pm – 5:00pm: General Session, open to the public.
Speakers include a cross section of those already responsible for creating consensus on challenging issues.
- Chris Mooney, New York Times bestselling author of The Republican War on Science and Storm World: Hurricanes, Politics and the Battle Over Global Warming
- Rebecca Henderson, John and Natty McArthur University Professor, Harvard University; co-editor of Accelerating Energy Innovation: Insights from Multiple Sectors
- Larry Langebrake, Director, Marine Technology Program at SRI International
- Jane Disney, Director, MDIBL’s Community Health Laboratory; President, Frenchman Bay Partners
6:00 – 9:00pm Reception and Dinner featuring locally sourced cuisine – $120 per person
- Sylvia Earle, reknowned oceanographer, aquanaut, author, and Time magazine’s first “Hero for the Planet” will present the Richard M. Hays Memorial Lecture entitled “Sustainable Seas: the Vision, the Reality.”
Register, view a detailed agenda, and purchase dinner tickets at mdibl.org/commonground or call 207.288.3147 for more info.